When we talk about Rajasthan the first thought which comes in our mind is Daal baati churma the most mouth-watering dish, folk culture, artistic forts, it’s clothing culture, extensive deserts and its extreme climatic conditions my god it’s hard to bear the heat there. So to get rid of this summer a holiday is necessary. When there is a hill station nearby there is no need to go far away from Rajasthan. Mount Abu the only hill station present in Rajasthan.
Mount Abu is one of the prime travel destinations present in the Aravalli Range in Sirohi district of Rajasthan in western India and surrounded by forest, which offers an incredibly cool climate with a mesmerizing view over the arid plains presented below. Mount Abu is situated nearer to the Gujarat Border. This little oasis located in the barren land of Rajasthan is a big hit and a highly famous destination for honeymoon couples.
History Affiliated With Mount Abu
The ancient name of Mount Abu is Arbudaanchal. ‘Abu’ is a short form of this ancient name. Mostly the history of Mount Abu is affiliated with the Gurjars and Chauhans of Rajasthan. It is believed that the Arbuda mountain region is said to be the original residence of the famous Gurjars. Almost all or a larger part of Rajasthan and Gujarat had been known as Gurjarabhoomi. It is also believed that Mount Abu had been the home for innumerable saints and sages in the past. It is believed that sage Vashistha retired to the southern mountain range at Mount Abu following his differences with sage Vishwamitra. There is another mythology according to which a serpent named “Arbuda” saved the life of Nandi (Lord Shiva’s bull).
It is also believed that guru Vashistha kept a Yagya at the peak of Mount Abu to soliciting the provision in the defense of religiousness on earth from God. In answer to his prayer, a youth arose from the Yagya Agnikunda -the first Agnivansh Rajput. The conquest of Mount Abu in 1311 CE by Rao Lumba of the Deora-Chauhan dynasty brought to an end the reign of the Parmars. With the rise of the British rule, Mount Abu grew in importance and became the summer capital of the Rajputana State.
Main Attractions Of Mount Abu:
There are many places present at Mount Abu which you can visit. This map will give you a quick overlook of nearby places to visit at Mount Abu.
Mount Abu town is at an elevation of 4,003 ft. The highest peak on the mountain is Guru Shikhar at 5,650 ft above sea level. So let’s have look at the topmost places of Mount Abu
- Nakki Lake: It is the most panoramic spot for boating which is almost one kilometer long in the length situated at the focal point of Mount Abu.
- Dilwara Temples: The five marble temples of Dilwara are a sacred pilgrimage place of the Jains.Elaborately carved temples dedicated to five Tirthankaras. It is believed that these temples had been built between the 11th and the 13 century AD. The marvelous marble stone carvings and extraordinary architecture make this temple complex.
- Toad Rock: A toadlike rock formation which differentiates this rocky lookout point with Nakki Lake views.
- Guru Shikhar Peak: It is known for being the highest point in the Aravali Ranges. The Temple of Dattatreya which has been built to honor Lord Vishnu on this peak.
- Achalgarh Fort: This Fort is built in the 14th century by Kumbha of Mewar, Rana Kumbha. Some of the important temples which are located inside the fort are the Shantinath Jain Temple and Lord Shiva Temple.
- Sunset Point: Very beautiful and scenic mountaintop famous for sunset. It is the center of attraction for many tourists.
- Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary: This wildlife sanctuary covers an area of around 290 square km. Various trek point is created for the tourists which come here to visit the sanctuary.
- Trevor Tank: Popular for crocodile, bird & other wildlife sightings.
Modes Of Reaching Mount Abu
The best time to reach Mount Abu is between October to March, though the weather is pleasant throughout the year. The honeymoon planners choose this time frame as the temperature in winters does not go lesser than 20 degree Celsius.
The nearest domestic airport situated to Mount Abu is in Udaipur which is located 185 km away from the hill station while the nearest international airport is situated at Ahmedabad. The domestic airport is connected to major Indian cities like Delhi, Jaipur, and Mumbai.
The Mount Abu railway station is properly connected with the other railway stations in Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Jaipur, and Delhi. The nearest railway station just 28 KM from the main city. Some prominent trains serving Mount Abu are Ahmedabad Mail, Ala Hazrat Express, Ajmer express. From the railway station, travelers can opt for state transport service or take a private taxi to reach Mount Abu.
The nearest NH-14 connects Mount Abu with other cities. The tourists prefer to hire a bike once they reach Mount Abu to explore the various attractions. You can prefer your bike or car or any mode of transportation for Mount Abu. Buses run by Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation (RSRTC) along with some private operators link Mount Abu with prominent neighboring cities like Jaipur (480 km), Udaipur (165 km) and Jaisalmer (442 km).
Hotels Arrangements At Mount Abu
There are many budget hotels present in nearby areas. You can either find out online or from the tour guide regarding hotels and restaurants. Some of the medium range of hotels are described below for your convenience.
|Hotel Name||Distance from Mount Abu||Starting Price(INR)|
|Shri Ganesh Hotel||0.2 km||1,000|
|Hotel Mamta Palace||0.5 km||1,307|
|Saraswati Hotel||0.7 km||1,266|
|Hotel Agroha||1.4 km||1,932|
|Hotel Lake In||0.1 km||1,961|
You can search hotels as per your convenience according to your budget facilities provided by hotels, star rating of hotels, by taking reviews of hotels and rating given by the customers and most importantly is the kind of hotel you’re looking for like family or for couples. Please look after the ambiance and surroundings of nearby areas of hotels.
At last, we can only say that “The mountains are calling and you must go ? Must visit Mount Abu.