Located at Vindhya hills, Bandhavgarh National Park is the most biodiverse park in Madhya Pradesh. Making an adventurous trip of Bandhavgarh National Park will take you to the abundant greenery of the forest regions with a wide variety of wild species. Apart from this, the reason behind the popularity of Bandhavgarh is the Royal Bengal Tigers. Bandhavgarh National Park has a core area of 105 sq km and a catchment area of 400 sq km.
Furthermore, the tourists visiting Bandhavgarh National Park can also pay a visit to the Bandhavgarh Fort which is equally important. The fort gives the proofs of the Bharihas and Vakatak dynasties who were the ruling over the land in and around the Bandhavgarh region at that time. Later, the Maharajas of Rewa given land to the state government, in 1968. After that royal place declared as the national park. The journey of the Bandhavgarh National Park took place and declared a Tiger reserve in 1993 under the project tiger network at the neighboring Panpatha Sanctuary.
There are 04 distinct zones of the National Park from where explorers can enjoy Jeep and canter safari rides. Tourists allowed in the National Prak for a fixed timing. Visitants can hire a jeep or canter safari in Bandhavgarh National Park for a defined time. There are two rounds of safari led each day. The jeep safari covers six tourists at a time. While the canter safari permits 16 visitors in a single round. The quantity of vehicles allowed to enter the park during each move is fixed.
- Tala Zone
- Magadhi Zone
- Khitauli Zone
- Panpatha Zone
Timings of entry and exit from the Bandhavgarh National Park shifts as per the season. In winters, because of the shorter length of sunshine hours, the morning section time is later and night leave time is prior. Bandhavgarh National Park opens from 15th October to 30th June every year. At Bandhavgarh on every Wednesday, the afternoon shift of Jeep Safari remains closed for tourists and local visitors. Morning & Afternoon both the shift remains close to the Holi festival.
Listing the safari timing for different month duration:
- 15th October to 15th Feb: 06:30-11:00 am & 02:30-05:30 pm
- 16th Feb to 31st March: 06:00-11:00 am & 03:00-06:00 pm
- 01st April to 30th June: 05:30 -10:00 am& 04:00-07:00 pm
Wildlife At Bandhavgarh National Park
The wildlife creatures which are present at Bandhavgarh Park are The Asiatic Jackal, Sloth Bear, Bengal Fox, Ratel, Gray Mongoose, Jungle Cat, Leopard Striped Hyena. Other visible creatures are Wild Pigs, Deer, Sambar, Chausingha, Chinkara, Nilgai and Gaur. Mammals you can see occasionally include Dhole, the small Indian Civet, Palm Squirrel and Lesser Bandicoot Rat.
Together with wildlife animals, you can also discover special flying creatures Egret, Sarus Crane, Adjutant, Crested Serpent Eagle, Black Vulture, Common Peafowl, Black Kite, Egyptian Vulture, Dove, Red Jungle Fowl, Indian Roller and Parakeet. Dark Hornbill, White Breasted Kingfisher and Common Teals are some different types of birds seen in the park.
Additionally, you can find some reptiles like Cobra, Rat Snake, Viper, Krait, Python, and Turtles at Bandhavgarh National Park.
Also Read: Pench National Park- Meet Real Sher Khans
Viewable Places At Bandhavgarh National Park
This National Park is known for its fantastic wildlife tours but to add more fun to your jungle tour, there are some other attractions as well. Besides wildlife tour, explore these below mentioned attractions:
- Bandhavgarh Fort: The Bandhavgarh Fort is the oldest fort in India which unfolds the bravery and legendry of Shri Rama in Ramayana. When Shri Rama returning to Ayodhya, after conquering the war from Ravana, stayed at this place and built this fort to gift his dear brother Lakshamana.
- Village Tala: The Tala Village brings the all-out impression of an Indian town, which still carries the most ethnic method for living. There are many enthralling impressions a vacationer can investigate while going through multi-day in this town. The unobtrusive residences, the mud bunched houses, seniors smoking hookahs sitting on a bunk are such superb scenes that expedite a stop the time.
- Baghel Museum: The Baghel Museum is the storage facility where all the special effects of Maharaja of Rewa are being kept perfect for the showcase. The exhibition hall likewise flaunts old chasing hardware by the Maharajas alongside a portion of the military machine. The best timings to visit the Baghel Museum are from 10 am- 3 pm and 5 pm-8 pm.
- Cheshpur Water Fall: The Cheshpur Waterfall is a natural waterfall in River Johila, present at a distance of 50 km from Bandhavgarh National Park. It is the best location for the tourists to enjoy a picnic here.
How To Reach Bandhavgarh National Park
By Airways: Umaria and Khajuraho are the closest aerodromes to Bandhavgarh National Park. Also via Jabalpur, you can go reach this park. These terminals have interconnection with worldwide and household flights so that, it is possible for every tourist to visit Bandhavgarh from throughout the world.
By Train: The closest railhead to Bandhavgarh National Park in Umaria railway station situated at a separation of 35 Km and takes 45 minutes to reach. Likewise, the nearest railway station to the park is Katni Railway station, which is at a separation of 100 km and takes 2 hours to reach there.
By Road: Bandhavgarh National Park has an excellent road network. Associated with the significant metropolitan cities of the world and Madhya Pradesh State Transport connect transports from Rewa, Satna, Katni and Umaria. Otherwise, you can take autorickshaws or taxis to and from Umaria, Katni, Satna and Bilaspur.
Also Read: Sunderban National Park, West Bengal
Hotels Near Bandhavgarh
Mentioning some of the best budget resorts and hotels for your convenience near Bandhavgarh. Moreover, you can also go for Delux and Luxury resorts according to your budget.
- Mogli Jungle Resort
- Salvan resort
- Greenwoods Resort
- Bagh Sarai Resort
- Tiger Heaven Resort
By concluding we can say that, covered almost all the aspects that are essential for you before visiting Bandhavgarh National Park. Enjoy your best and memorable wildlife safari at Bandhavgarh!!