Walking freely on the dreamy coast of Fiji islands is still in the bucket list of many shore lovers. The stunning backdrop of Fiji lure many travellers with beautiful beaches and waving palm trees with fresh breezy air. There are many appealing spots to visit in Fiji such as Colo-I-Suva, Mamanucas, Sigatoka dunes, Kadavu Island and Taveuni Hill Forts. Among all Mamanucas hold a special place in the souls of voyagers and divers due to its coral reefs and amazingly worthy ambience.
If you’re just looking for a day trip, there are plenty of options for getting around the Mamanucas by boat, and plenty of fun activities along the way.
Explore the exceptionally beautiful Mamanucas islands
About Mamanucas Islands – Fiji
The Mamanuca Islands are located just offshore from the west coast of Viti Levu. These are the sequence of 20 picturesque islands is located off the coast of Nadi, one of the most popular and convenient destinations to visit on the islands of Fiji. You have seen these beautiful group of islands in many movie posters and holiday postcards. Their beauty still remains untouched and pristine that even celebs want to pay a visit once.
Volcanic in origin, the Mamanucas are home to many of Fiji’s more traditional resorts islands, such as Mana, Beachcomber, Castaway, and Plantation Island. So plan along trip at Mamamucas and stay there and explore colourful marine life.
If you want to explore the colourful coral reefs and marine species of Mamanucas, then charter cruise can be a perfect option for you if your not water baby. And if you love playing underwater then you’ll find some of the best places to surf, fish and snorkel.
There is plenty to do on the islands to assure that there’s never a dull moment during your stay. If you’ve always had a romantic idea of being left on a desert island, then this is your chance.
Also Read: Discover Best Travel Attractions in Fiji
Popular Islands in Mamanuca Islands
There are some uninhabited islands among the chain, yet they can still be accessed by boat for day trips. So grab a few essentials and head off to enjoy the tranquillity.
- Malolo Lailai: The second-largest island of the Mamanuca Group of islands is Malolo Lailai stretched in an area of 2.4 km². It has been popular with yachties, who dock in the protected lagoon. A perfect paradise to avoid contemporary stress and relax on the golden beaches, coral reefs, cocoon palms and azure sea.
- Castaway Island: One of the most popular holiday spots at Mamanuca is Castaway Island. Located just 30 km from Nadi, it is ideal for singles, couples, honeymooners and families alike. Here you can sit back, relax and enjoy the tropical climate.
- Beachcomber Island: This island is only 19 km from the International Airport and is set in the heart of the Mamanuca Islands shrouded by a gorgeous marine sanctuary. Recognized for its laid back ambience and you can barefoot stroll here on this island’s white sandy coast.
- Treasure Island: It was great to be on a small island surrounded by beautiful clear water with amazing snorkelling.
- Tokoriki Island: Tokoriki is an island nestled in the South Pacific within the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji. It is home to the Tokoriki Island Resort which is a privately owned luxury resort for honeymooners and couples, and the Tokoriki Island Sheraton Resort & Spa. The island has its own reef with several spots to dive and snorkel. This destination is ideal for travellers looking to escape their busy lifestyles and kickback to the sound of the ocean with a drink in hand.
Other which are also popular are Mana Island, Bounty Island, Vomo, Matamanoa Island and Malolo island.
Top Activities to do Mamanuca Islands
Due to its largest reefs, you can also you can experience many water sports activities here. Among all, enjoying the island hopping with your loved ones with the blue lagoon cruise is the best way to explore these islands. It’s a tranquil archipelago clustering the Malolo Barrier reef thus offers an ideal spot for snorkelling and diving. Schooling is available on the island for both adventure activities before you give it a try.
If you look at the magnificent beauty that unfolds before your eyes adorned in masks, you will be blown away. Apart from this you can participate in fun watersports, take spa treatment just lying on the beach while enjoying the shore view, go for paddle boarding and visit a nearby village to meet locals.
The area is a great playground for water babies, with thriving reefs, epic waves and a calm lagoon at their doorway.
Romantic Retreats in the Mamanuca Islands
Life in the Mamanuca Islands is much better than a traditional romantic vacay. Couples prefer secluded resorts for luxury honeymoons, romantic holidays and intimate escapes over and over again. Arrive and see just why our celebrated Mamanuca Islands are adored by couples. Private seaside views a modern edge mix of traditional Fijian furnishings are really couple goals.
Forested hills & secluded sandy beaches are ideal for romantic picnics. So take a day trip in this small cluster, jumping from one island to another. Be sure to pause where Castaway was filmed and look at the wrecked raft featured in the movie. Enjoy the couple spa with a traditional Fijian massage which will soothe your body, mind and soul via private oceanviews. Undergoing a spa here a pure bliss with tropical scents of coconut which help couples in relaxing and rejuvenating.
Top Resorts For Staying at Mamanuca Island
One of the most significant aspects of a holiday trip is a great place to stay. You not only want to see better rooms but also to have a beautiful view to see when you pick space for your stay. Some of them are listed below, ensuring the best view and ambience. Whichever island you choose and whatever your budget, one thing that’s guaranteed is a warm welcome and beautiful moonlit nights.
- Serenity Island Resort at Bounty Island
- Six Senses Fiji and Lomani Island Resort Malolo Lailai Island
- Treasure Island Resort at Treasure Island
- Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island
- Mana Island Resort & Spa and Tadrai Island Resort in Mana Island
- Beachcomber Island Resort, Beachcomber Island
- Matamanoa Island Resort, Matamanoa Island
- Vomo Island Resort, Vomo
The islands are characterized by exceptionally good weather and, their proximity to Nadi International Airport makes them very popular with tourists. Forested hills drop to secluded sandy beaches, perfect for romantic picnics. Take a day trip hopping from one island to the next in this tight cluster. Be sure to stop where they filmed Castaway and check out the wrecked raft featured in the movie.